WWE called at just the right time for Luke Harper

Luke Harper did an interview with Rochester First and told a damn good story of how he came to work for WWE. Essentially, they came calling at just the right time:

“My wife told me she was pregnant and I lost my job, I was a librarian at Frederick Douglas Middle School and so I thought the world was over and they called and said, “Hey, can you come for a trial and I said, ‘No, I have a broken leg,’” Huber remembers.

Six months went by.

“My wife was 8 months pregnant and I was just coming back from Japan and I said, ‘Honey, I’m done, this is it, I’m just going to go get another real job and we’ll make do here,’ and that’s the day (WWE called saying), ‘Hey, can you come for a tryout?’” Huber said.

Harper’s run with the company has had its ups and downs but he’s currently one half of the SmackDown tag team champions. At 38-years-old, he’s doing very well for himself and there’s no reason to think he can’t work at a high level for many years to come.

We’re all better off for it.

Just think if WWE didn’t make that call on that particular day.

from Cageside Seats – All Posts https://ift.tt/2FrLb24



from WordPress https://ift.tt/2r8hHBJ
via IFTTT

Comments